20 August 2019
We Are Hiring: Construction Manager
A fantastic opportunity has arisen for a Construction Manager to join our friendly team at Stirlin Developments in Lincoln. The role will primarily involve supporting the Senior Management Team with managing the construction of our commercial and residential developments on a day-to-day basis, including supervising the labour force, monitoring subcontractors, checking materials, inspecting work and overseeing quality control.
Roles / Responsibilities –
As a Construction Manager, you’ll need to:
- Liaise closely with the Site Managers to ensure the day-to-day running of our developments is running smoothly.
- Maintain regular communication and attend meetings with the Senior Management Team and their development partners to inform them of progress on the project.
- Develop and maintain construction schedules throughout the duration of the developments.
- Ensure the project is delivered on time and on budget by setting benchmarks, agreeing budgets and monitoring progress.
- Promote and maintain health and safety, including site inspections to ensure safety rules are being followed.
- Hire and manage staff for the project.
- Provide our estimating team with the construction input necessary to deliver tender pricing for development partners and clients.
- Check technical design drawings and specifications with our development team.
- Deal with any unexpected problems that may occur during construction.
- Strong communication skills for liaising with the Senior Management Team, development partners, professionals and workers on site.
- Leadership skills and an ability to motivate your team to ensure a high standard of work.
- Excellent planning and organisational skills for writing and monitoring project plans and schedules and utilising time and resources effectively.
- An ability to make decisions under pressure to enable to project to progress.
- Strong attention to detail for conducting site inspections.
- An awareness of health and safety procedures and legislation to run a safe construction site.
- Maths and IT skills, including knowledge of relevant building methods and project management software to manage information and finances during the project.
Preferred Experience: Minimum of 2 years’ experience in a similar role or a minimum of 5 years’ experience in Site Manager’s role.
Hours of Work: 7.30am – 4.30pm Monday – Friday
Salary: Dependent on Experience
Job Type: Full-time
If you feel you are suitable for this role, please apply here
We look forward to hearing from you!