24 January 2022
We’re Hiring: Quantity Surveyor
Due to our continued growth, a fantastic opportunity has arisen for an additional experienced Quantity Surveyor to join our friendly, dynamic team, based in Lincoln.
Reporting to the Managing Director, the Quantity Surveyor will be required to ensure construction budgets, estimates and bids/tenders are completed within the required timescale for both commercial and residential projects.
- Preparation, analysis and placement of all subcontract trade packages
- Produce detailed cash flow projections for projects
- Monitor, measure and review contract progress and all claims, variations and payments made
- Ensure all valuations are submitted on time and in accordance with the contract terms
- Carry out cashflow and work in progress reporting and manage, review and report cost to complete forecasts, across all schemes
- Liaise with site personnel and subcontractors in order to maximise productivity
- Deal with claims preparation, final account negotiations and settlements
- Degree in Quantity Surveying or an equivalent related qualification
- Minimum of 3 years relevant experience
- Commercially astute and ability to see opportunities for improving efficiencies and margins
- Knowledge and understanding of current building regulations, construction methods and products
- Experience of working on own initiative and as part of a team
- Decisive, organised, methodical, a strong attention to detail and highly numerical
- Good IT skills and an excellent knowledge of Excel
- Confident preparing and presenting cost reports
- Ability to effectively prioritise a busy workload and meet tight deadlines
Hours of Work:
8.00am – 5.00pm Monday – Friday
Dependent on Experience
If you think you’d be a great fit for this position, please send an email with your CV and covering letter to email@example.com. If you’d like any more information on the role, please contact Stirlin head office on 01522 682752.
We look forward to hearing from you!